About Business Support
One of the main ambitions of eu.reca is to facilitate innovation in the respiratory sector. We do so by stimulating debate among experts with knowledge of modern technology, unmet medical needs and industrial capabilities. We have learned that start- and scale-ups in particular can benefit from the insights and knowledge of senior medical experts. Therefore eu.reca organizes ‘Sound Board sessions’ tailored to the specific needs and challenges of young, dynamic companies.
Are you an innovative and open-minded company, eager to take the next steps in a well-founded way? Do reach out and we will provide you with an offer tailored to your specific question and needs.
During a Sound Board session two renowned medical experts engage in an open discussion on your topic of choice and provide you with tangible, hands-on and valuable feedback. This is a unique opportunity to obtain an independent and critical opinion in the early stages of the development of your product. How does it work?
- You provide us with a clear description of the topics or challenges on which you would like to receive feedback.
- We provide you with an overview of suitable experts and appoint a qualified moderator.
- We sign an NDA with all participants.
- We prepare the 1,5h-2h virtual session in detail and take care of the practical organization.
- We evaluate the session with you and see if any follow-ups are necessary.
When enrolling in a Sound Board session, you will benefit from:
- A tailor-made programme, consisting of one or multiple sessions.
- Professional organization and moderation.
- Independent and critical new insights on your product, service or approach.
- Tangible and hands-on feedback that will help you to reach your next milestones.
- A higher success rate for your subsidy or project approval.
- An extension of your network with renowned medical experts.
- Possibility for follow-up support (e.g. written report, additional connections within the eu.reca network, event hosting, promotional communication …).
We can organize sessions around diverse topics and challenges, related to:
- product / service validation
- drug deposition
- patient engagement
- clinical trial design
Our experts are all senior professionals with an extensive background in the respiratory field as clinicians or pharmaceutical business advisors.
Check our Advisory Board to get a first idea of the knowhow and experience we can rely on, but note that our actual network goes way beyond.
“I am very happy with the results of the eu.reca Sound Board sessions. We have had a first session on the positioning of Oxypoint and our products in general. The insights we gained during this session have supported us in making our way of working even more efficient. The second session zoomed in on the medical benefits of oxygen treatment with the O2COMFORT flowmeter. The flowmeter is already working in about 30 hospitals, as the effects of COVID-19 made the need for efficient oxygen use all the more urgent. That is why we looked for an approach to demonstrate the advantages of our flowmeter even better. During the second session, we received exactly such advice. Before the sessions, we had no structural contact with pneumologists. The unvarnished opinion of independent specialists was more than worth the money. I am considering doing a soundboard session several times a year in the future to further validate our progress.”
Philip Hendrickx, Co-founder Oxypoint
“The Sound board session with expert pneumologists recently set-up by eu.reca was definitely worthwhile. Pneumowave had been looking for a while for a partner who could help us with feedback on our respiratory health monitoring device. But the partners we addressed before were much more expensive. We got more from the eu.reca session than expected. The advice given helped to form our strategy. The issues raised will be taken on board to improve our products. We got more than enough information at this point, but I can certainly see a point in the future that we will speak to eu.reca again to decide on the best way forward and give direction.”
Bruce Henderson, CEO Pneumowave